My CTO at eSpace, Eng.Hamdy Khalil has suggested that I should read “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho, so he just lent it to me and to my surprise it took me no more than 2 hours to finish it. I was just very happy and excited while reading it. Though I didn’t like its ending at all, maybe I kept on raising the expectations while I am reading so I just expected a better wrap up, but generally this book really knew how to talk to my brain and how to touch my heart. you know that feeling when you have nothing to say except “Sigh!”….This is exactly how I felt…
As a result of such a strong impact, I just thought that I really need to keep an eye on the best I read inside this book and this is exactly the purpose of this blog post…Below I will be recalling the best I read inside “The Alchemist” [order has no relevance at all]
- To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only obligation…
- When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises…
- If I can learn to understand the language of silence, I can learn to understand the world…
- Never stop dreaming
- There is a language in the world that everyone understands, it is the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed and desired.
- When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it…
- Everyone has his or her own way of learning things. His way isn’t the same as mine, nor mine as his. But we are both in search of our personal legend and I respect him for that…
- If I have to fight and die in the end, then it will be just as good a day to die as any other!
- I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. You’ll see there is life in the desert, that there are stars in the heavens, life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we are living right now…
- The closer he got to the realization of his dreams, the more difficult things become.
- Someone in the world awaits you, whether it’s in the middle of the desert or in some great city, and when two such people encounter each other, and their eyes meet, the past and the future become unimportant. There is only that moment, and the incredible certainty that everything has been written by one hand only, the hand of God which is the hand that evokes love and creates a twin soul for every person in the world. Without such love, one’s dreams would have no meaning….
- The desert fills men’s hearts with visions
- The future was already written by God, and what he had written was always for the good of man.
- The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And if you improve on the present, what comes later also be better. Forget about the future and live each day according to the teachings, confidence that God loves you.
- Each day, in itself, brings with it an eternity.
- To die tomorrow was no worse than dying on any other day. Every day was there to be lived or to mark one’s departure from this world.
- “You’re crying?” he asked her ….”I’m a woman of the desert, ” she said, averting her face, “But above all, I’m a woman.” She added.
- There is only one way to learn, it’s through action.
- “My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer” … “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself, and that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity
- one dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.
- Every search begins with beginner’s luck… and every search ends with the victor’s being severely tested.
- The darkest hour of the night came just before the dawn.
- Don’t give in to your fears, because if you do, you won’t be able to to talk to your heart
- Then you’ll die in the midst of trying to realize your personal legend. That’s a lot better than dying like millions of other people, who never knew what their personal legends were
- It’s not love to be static like the desert, nor it is love to roam the world like the wind. Love is the force that transforms and improves the Soul of the World.
and many others, but if I kept on recalling each and every sentence that really matters, then I will recall the whole book…try to think while you read each of them, not just think, try to link aspects using your brain, your belief, your sense and your heart…The Alchemist, a book that leaves a foot print.